Requirements for the published papers and their layout
1. General provisions
1.1. According to the requirements of the “On mass media” Law of Russian Federation the journal must not be used for the following: committing acts that are punishable under criminal law; divulgating information, which is classified as a State secret or any other secret that is specially protected by law; urging seizure of power, forcible overthrow of constitutional order and alteration of state integrity; inciting ethnic, class, social, religious intolerance or dissension; propagating war, pornography, cult of violence and cruelty.
1.2. Materials with advertising and erotic contents cannot be published and placed in the journal.
1.3. Only original papers, which were not published previously in other media, are subject to publication in the journal.
1.4. As a rule, the amount of text of the published papers should not exceed 24 pages.
1.5. The papers that are published in the journal consist of the following elements, which are arranged in a sequential order:
Russian language block:
- identifier of Universal Decimal Classification (UDC);
- paper title;
- last names and initials of the authors;
- information about the authors;
- text of the paper;
- bibliographic references list for the paper.
- paper title;
- last names and initials of the authors;
- information about the authors;
- bibliographic references list for the paper (“References”) in Roman (Latin) alphabet.
2. Layout of paper materials
2.1. Microsoft Office Word text editor should be used for preparation of the paper materials; Times New Roman font, font size 14 pt.
2.2. The layout of the paper text should correspond to the following parameters:
- paper size — А4 (210mm х 297 mm).
- top — 20 mm;
- bottom — 20 mm;
- left — 20 mm;
- right — 10 mm;
- line spacing — double;
- indent of first paragraph line — 1,25 cm;
- justified text alignment.
Section headers are typed in bold font. They are formatted by aligning with the center of the page.
2.3. Text of the paper should be presented in Russian; foreign authors are allowed to present their papers in English.
Each element of the paper should be separated from the adjacent elements with an additional line space.
The paper manuscript that is submitted by the authors should not contain tabulation or manual hyphenation. Also no excessive spaces should be inserted.
2.4. Layout of the paper elements should meet the following requirements:
2.4.1. Identifier of Universal Decimal Classification (UDC).
In alignment with the left page border.
2.4.2. Title of the paper.
Length of no more than two lines.
Paper title should not contain abbreviations and acronyms.
Bold font, font size 16 pt., in alignment with the page center.
2.4.3. Last names and initials of the authors.
In alignment with the page center.
2.4.4. Information about the authors.
Information about the authors includes the following details about every author (in the order of the authors listing according to paragraph 2.4.3 of the present Requirements):
- full last name, first name and patronymic;
- name and legal address of the organization, in which the author works;
- job title;
- academic degree;
- academic title (if different from the job title);
- academic status in the State Academy of Sciences (academician, corresponding member, if available);
- contact details of the authors (e-mail, phone number).
The amount of text of the annotation should be equal to 5-6 sentences. The annotation should contain a brief summary of the paper subject and main results that it contains.
2.4.6. Keywords (not more than 10).
Keywords are adduced in lowercase letters and separated by commas. Total length of the keywords should not exceed 100 characters.
2.4.7. Paper text.
Authors of the papers should adhere to the following paper structure:
- brief summary of the state-of-the-art of the issue under consideration and statement of the problem, which is solved in the paper;
- problem solution method and assumptions that were made;
- main contents of the paper (for example, description of the physics of the processes and phenomena, validation of the postulates that were presented in the paper, initial and final mathematical expressions, mathematical manipulations and transformations, experiments and calculations, examples, illustrations);
- analysis (discussion) of the obtained results and comparison of these results with the previously known ones;
- conclusions and recommendations.
If necessary, the information about the source of financial support of the work (out of the funds of federal budget within the framework of a contract with the state authorities, the project of RFBR or RHSF, grant of another organization etc.) is placed after the conclusions and recommendations.
Conventional denotations and abbreviations that are encountered in the text should be explained upon their first appearance in the text.
Units of measurement of physical quantities, which are used in the paper, should be included into the International System of Units (SI). These units should be designated in Cyrillic alphabet (in Russian). It is possible to utilize the units, which are allowed for usage along with SI units, as well as multiple and fractional units.
All formulae are fully typed in MathType 4 equation editor. Formatting is made in alignment with the page center. Item numbers of the formulae should be placed on the right side.
The tables should be placed within the limits of the work space (they should not fall into the page margin fields). When part of the table is transferred to another page its header line should be transferred as well. Table caption is aligned with the page center; number of the table is aligned with the right border of the page.
Figures are placed directly in the text of the paper based on the presentation logics and accompanied by captions. The figures should be presented in black-and-white. Each figure should also be submitted as a separate file on electronic media in jpeg or tiff format.
Scanned images that are used in the text should have the resolution of no less than 300 dots per inch.
Sequence numbers of all pages of the paper text are placed at the bottom of the page and aligned with the page center.
2.4.8. List of bibliographic references for the paper.
Text and page numbering of the list of bibliographic references for the paper should be an uninterrupted continuation of the text and page numbering of the paper text.
List of bibliographic references for the paper is composed according to the requirements of GOST R 7.0.5-2008 and consists of bibliographic references for the paper.
The item number of the bibliographic reference for the paper is referred to in the appropriate line of the paper text by putting it in square brackets.
The references are arranged in the bibliographic references list for the paper according to the order, in which they are mentioned in the paper.
Bibliographic references for the paper should include the following information:
- for the book — last names and initials of all authors; full title of the book; name of the publishing house and city, in which it is situated; year of publication; number of pages of the book;
- for papers — last names and initials of all authors; full title of the paper; name of the journal, newspaper or collection of works, in which the paper was published; publication year, identifier of the publishing time (for a newspaper — issue number or publication date, for a journal — year, volume or issue number, series), numbers of pages, which are occupied by the paper (start and end pages);
- for standards — name of the standard, number of the standard, place and year of publication, number of pages;
- for patent documents — name of the invention; number of the patent; country, number and date of filing the application for the invention, date of patent publication; number of bulletin of inventions, pages;
- for deposited scientific works — last names and initials of all authors; full title of the work; name of the depositing information center; number and date of depositing; number of pages of the work;
- for theses — last names and initials of the author, full title of the thesis; for pursuance of which academic degree the thesis was presented; place and year of thesis defense; number of pages of the thesis;
- for remotely-accessed electronic resources — last names and initials of all authors, full title of the material, URL electronic address, network resource access protocol, date of publication or creation, date of access to the electronic resource (if it is impossible to determine the date of publication or creation).
Titles of the books, papers, other materials and documents, which were published in a foreign language, as well as last names of their authors should be adduced in the original transcription.
The list of the bibliographic references for the paper should not include the materials, which were not published, or materials that are not available for public access.
Maximum length of a bibliographic reference should not exceed 500 symbols.
The contents of the abstract should be in accordance with the “Guidelines for abstract preparation”, which are posted on the web-site of the journal publisher.
The amount of text of the Russian version of the Abstract should provide the amount of text of the English version of the abstract of no less than 250 words.
mai.ru — informational site of MAI
Copyright © 1994-2017 by MAI