A design methodology of controllable inductors for new generation of aviation rectifying units
Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), 4, Volokolamskoe shosse, Moscow, А-80, GSP-3, 125993, Russia
Regulated rectifying units are the key functional units of power supply systems for different types of modern aircrafts.
At present thyristor and transistor controlled rectifiers are used on board an aircraft. However it should be noted that magnetic switches (MSs) preceded implementation of semiconductor switches used for electric power regulation and stabilization.
Highly efficient soft magnetic alloys development allows reconsideration of MSs energy and size efficiency indexes as well as their functional area spectrum.
The relevance of such class of devices studying is clearly indicated by the facts of their mentioning in foreign scientific and technical publications.
The foreign sources discuss design and implementation problems of such devices for modern and competitive aircraft power supply systems.
Special emphasis is made on application of advanced soft magnetic amorphous and nanocrystalline alloys for cores of MSs, which leads to a significant improvement of their electromagnetic properties.
New converter unit based on such magnetic switches is able to preserve the best features of its traditional prototype predecessor, in comparison with thyristor and transistor competitors, such as:
ease of implementation;
better electromagnetic compatibility;
resistibility to special factors effect.
The authors have proposed new structures of aviation magnetic-regulated rectifying units (MRRUs), based on controllable single-winding saturable inductors based on modern amorphous (or nanocrystalline) alloys cores with rectangular hysteresis loop.
At present, there are no publications concerning engineering philosophy and design methods for this class of devices. Thus, the authors consider it expedient to offer their own methodology of design and estimation of controllable single-winding saturable inductors for proposed new MRRU structures.
The proposed method is universal and broad-based for transformer and transformer-less single-phase and multi-phase rectifiers.
Keywords:design methodology, regulated rectifying unit, magnetic switch, single-winding saturable inductor, soft magnetic materials, amorphous alloy, nanocrystalline alloy, rectangular hysteresis loop
- Naivelt G.S., Mazel K.B., Khusainov Ch.I., Zatikyan G.P., Sharov L.N., Kuznetsov S.A., Alekseev V.A., Kiselev L.M., Tihonov V.I., Shuvaev Y.N. Istochniki elektropitaniya radioelektronnoi apparatury (Power supplies for radio and electronic equipment), Moscow, Radio i svyaz, 1985, 576 p.
- Rozenblat M.A. Magnitnye usiliteli s samonasyshcheniem (Self-saturated magnetic amplifiers), Moscow — Leningrad, Gosenergoizdat, 1963, 128 p.
- Milovzorov V.P. Elektromagnitnye ustroistva avtomatiki (Electromagnetic devices for automatics), Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 1983, 408 p.
- Austrin L. On Magnetic Amplifiers in Aircraft Applications. Royal Institute of Technology Electromagnetic Engineering, Stockholm, Sweden, 2007, 98 p.
- Shevtsov D.A., Turchenko I.S. Vestnik Moskovskogo aviatsionnogo instituta, 2013, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 145-153.
- Shevtsov D.A., Turchenko I.S. Elektronnyi zhurnal «Trudy MAI», 2014, no. 76, available at: http://www.mai.ru/science/trudy/eng/published.php?ID=50092 (accessed 10.09.14).
- Magnitoprovody iz amorfnykh i nanokristallicheskikh splavov GAMMAMET. OOO NPP GAMMAMET. www.gammamet.ru (accessed 20.07.2014).
- Shevtsov D.A., Kryuchkov V.V., Manbekov D.R. Prakticheskaya silovaya elektronika, 2009, no. 4 (36), pp. 49 — 51.
- Khandogin V.I. Amorfnye magnitomyagkie splavy i ikh primenenie v istochnikakh vtorichnogo elektropitaniya (Amorphous soft magnetic alloys in secondary power supplies), Moscow, VNII, 1990, 171 p.
- Starodubtsev Yu.N., Belozerov V.Ya. Magnitnye svoistva amorfnykh i nanokristallicheskikh splavov (Magnetic properties of amorphous and nanocristallyne alloys), Ekaterinburg, Uralskii universitet, 2002, 384 p.
- Balyan R.Kh. Transformatory maloi moshchnosti (Low-power transformers), Leningrad, Sudpromgiz, 1961, 372 p.
- Balyan R.Kh. Transformatory dlya radioelektroniki (Transformers for radio eletronics), Moscow, Sovetskoe radio, 1971, 581 p.
- Belopolskii I.I., Pikalova L.G. Raschet transformatorov i drosselei maloi moshchnosti (Design of low-power transformers and inductors), LeningradMoscow, Gosenergoizdat, 1963, 273 p.
- Bertinov A.I., Kofman D.B. Toroidalnye transformatory staticheskikh preobrazovatelei (Toroidal transformers for static converters), Moscow, Energiya, 1970, 96 p.
- Gorskii A.N., Rusin Yu.S., Ivanov N.R., Sergeeva L.A. Raschet elektromagnitnykh elementov istochnikov vtorichnogo elektropitaniya (Design of electromagnetic elements of secondary power supplies), Moscow, Radio i svjaz, 1988, 176 p.
- Shevtsov D.A., Turchenko I.S. Patent RU 135204 U1, 27.11.2013.
- Sistemy elektrosnabzheniya samoletov i vertoletov. Obshchie trebovaniya i normy kachestva elektroenergii, GOST R 54073-2010 (Systems of power supply for aircrafts and helicopters, General requirements and quality standards of electric energy, State Standard 54073-2010), Moscow, Standarty, 2011, 40 p.
mai.ru — informational site of MAI
Copyright © 1994-2023 by MAI